05 December 2007

Balved and Beautiful.

We had haircut day at our house a couple days ago. Gave Dodge the usual, the girls both needed the "growing hair out" trim, and then it was Tank's turn.

"I want to be balved like Uncle Chris."

'Balved' is 'bald', mispronounced, and has become a part of our family's lexicon. You know, like 'poinked'.

Uncle Chris, my brother, shaves his head. Both boys and one girl (Princess Cutie Pops) have now asked for the "Uncle Chris Special." (We only obliged the boys though, much to Princess Cutie Pops' dismay.) In general, we are very lax about hair here. Dug and Dodge have both had blue and we've chopped the girls' into very cute, very short styles. Our philosophy is, "It'll always grow back." So with that in mind, when Tank asked to be balved, I heartily agreed. A few minutes later and this was the result:
Tank and his inspiration. Uncle Chris is very excited about posing for the picture, as indicated by the uprolled eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture!!!! What a couple of cuties...I can be predjudice...I earned that right.

Tricia said...

yeah, i think you probably can. now if we can only get chris to smile...