15 December 2007

The Choice of Dodge

If I am in a mood of rich, decadent desire, this is now my "turn-to" cookie. Dodge chose Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies for his Christmas cookie. Basically, it is chocolate cookie dough wrapped around a Rolo. When baked, the Rolo melts into a caramel filling for the cookie.

When asked how he would describe them, Dug said, "Oh my goodness! Those cookies are soooo good. They are one of the best cookies I've ever eaten!"

Grandma Teri called them, "Simply delicious!"

Here's Dodge's take on the process:
"It was fun to eat the cookies. They don't taste good. They taste delicious. My job was to peel the wrappers off the Rolo's, and I put the ingredients in for the cookie dough, Mommy put the Rolo's in the chocolate dough, I dipped them in sugar and put them on the pan. It was fun to make them. I want to make them again."

If you were to only add one more cookie to your baking arsenal, this is the recipe to add.

1 comment:

mostly ugly said...

wow, I am impressed. for such a non-baker as you are, these all look awesome. kinda like you, eh? :)