12 December 2007

Star Troopers...One night only!

The kids wrote and composed a song this morning. They gave me a ticket that said, "2," meaning "two seats only," (One for me and one for Daddy.) and told me to come upstairs for "the show." At the base of the stairs they had taped a paper ribbon across the doorway. I handed them my ticket and they cut the ribbon with scissors. (very dramatic!) On the landing was the poster stating, "Star Troopers." Once in their room I was seated on a pile of blankets. The room had been decorated with yellow stars and hung on the wall was the lyrics to their song. They then started the show. I was so impressed I opened an account with YouTube just so I could upload the video for you all.

Here are the lyrics in case you can't understand them:

Do re mi oooh
Double bass to you
Stars are bright
In the night
Bears are mean
In the night
We like you
In the night
So do you
So good luck
L-U-C-K
L-U-C-K
L-U-C-K
Goodbye!

For the record, I have no idea where they came up with the lyrics or their name. Credit goes to their imaginations!!

5 comments:

mostly ugly said...

miah and nate say "that's great!"
and it is soooo cool.

anna says "brynny, someday i will make you a birthday present"

mej says "that's soo awesome!!!"

crimson warrior said...

the lyrics are incredibly entertaining. How do they think of those things? It's crazy. We should just let kids run the country. We would definitely loosen up a lot more and we'd have more fun along the way. And I love the double bass. I'll take as much of that as I can get.

Anonymous said...

I've heard some good cuts in my time, and some bands work their whole career to come up with sublime genius. But this- this is true fire- a real breath of freshness from the Universal Mind- this...this...this is Star Troopers.

bethany said...

very cool! that is pretty funny!

Anonymous said...

I think the Startooper show should go on the road, first stop Swaziland for a private show for Nana & Poppa!!! We loved it!