19 December 2007

HRH Princess Cutie Pops chooses a cookie.

We finally made Princess Cutie Pops' cookies, Kellog's Chocolate Scotcheroos. Poor thing. She's been on me everyday, "When are we making my cookies, Mommy?" For whatever reason, hers was the last of the kids' choices. Lucky for me, they were a not-so-difficult take on Rice Krispy Treats. Not very Christmas-y but more special than the usual.

The Scotcheroos had one major difference compared to your standard Rice Krispy Treat. No marshmallows were harmed in the making of this bar cookie. The base was sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. After adding the Rice Krispies, you spread melted chocolate and butterscotch chips over the top. Super simple recipe.

Warning: these babies are sweet. I gave the kids each a normal Rice Krispy Treat size (2"x2") and it was too much. They all said it was too sweet. Can you believe that? Too sweet for a kid? It's true. These are some sweet little treats. (I sure said "sweet" a lot in that paragraph, didn't I?)

Speaking of sweeties, isn't that little red head adorable? How can you look at that picture and not smile? Okay, sorry for falling headlong into "Mommy bragging." Continue doing what you were doing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Princess cutie pops...anything with choclate in it has to be good...if I could get corn syrup I would give them a try...yes she is very adorable.

Anonymous said...

trust me tricia, princess cutie pops wastnt the only one waiting for her cookies hahaha.. i was also curious =D good choice !