02 November 2007

Trick or Treat!

Our Halloween ended up being a complete sugar success. (That is how you’re supposed to measure it, right?) We walked in a three-block radius and returned with four buckets brimming. (One of the few things that is great about living in a high density housing zone.)

Here’s the lineup:
First up, we've got Dodge the Panther. I spent all my creativity sewing the costumes. There was none left for the makeup. That and I forgot to buy little crayon sticks. Oh well. He was still happy.

Next, we have Scoochy the Japanese girl. She told me she wanted to wear a "pretty dress that wraps around and make my face all white." In all honesty, she's a geisha, but I feel much better saying my six year old dressed as a Japanese girl. Oh, brag time here, I made that kimono out of two scraps of fabric. If you know how much I sew, you will understand how Jesus himself must have came down from the Right Hand and helped me.

No, that is not a wig. Princess Cutie Pops wanted her hair to be purple. Unfortunately the spray color was either mislabeled or the labeler is color-blind. Either way she was happy. So for the night Princess Cutie Pops really was a princess!

Last but not least, Tank wanted to be Yoda. The picture sucks, sorry. But he actually has little green ears that looked pretty good for cardstock cutouts. I also made his coat out of a single kitchen towel. The picture really doesn’t do him justice. Everyone we met knew he was the little Jedi. While we were walking our neighborhood Tank would randomly say, “Mom, don’t let any guys touch my face.” or “Mom, make sure the guys don’t touch my coat.” Whoever "the guys" were, he was very protective of his makeup and coat.

1 comment:

bethany said...

these little ones are pretty cute in their dress-up clothes. you did such a great job on the kimono...want to make me one too??