03 May 2008

Scoochy - The Craft Fiend

We love to go to the library. Dodge normally picks out two or three books. One novel-type and two non-fictions about whatever is interesting him, usually outer space, carnivorous animals or everything-there-is-to-know-about-pick-a-super-hero. Princess Cutie Pops goes for story books about mermaids and princesses and Tank wants non-fiction big cat books (lions, tigers, panthers, etc).

Scoochy is different. Her books are always about making things. There are usually a few cookbooks thrown in with whatever craft is on her mind at the moment. Right now it's embroidery. She checked out the book Kids' Embroidery: Projects for Kids of All Ages by Kriston Nicholas and has been going to town. She's made four different pictures (is that the right word?) and even a little felt needle book.

I love her try-anything spirit. She just jumps in. I help her when she gets stuck but beyond that, she's been doing this all on her own, guided by the book. Her own designs and everything. She's amazing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have over 100 diffent colors of embroidery thread...when we come home and sort out our boxes Scoochy can have them all.

Tricia said...

I told her and she's soooo excited! Plus, you can actually teach her stuff.

M said...

Hey Tricia! I finally thought I would check this out and it is so FUNNY! I love it! I am probably going to be a frequent visitor now! I am hooked! The adventures of Dodge, Scoochy, Princess Cutie Pops, and Tank--hilarious! Check out my blog if you have a chance (pales in comparison!)
http://dailyhappeningsofmrandmrssmith.blogspot.com/

Ciara is so deep...is this what is to come so soon!??!?!

Tricia said...

hey michelle! they are capable of so much more than we think they are. always surprising me.