31 October 2007

Dodge and Scoochy prove themselves

The oldest two of the family have now shown what they are capable of. Last night I was sewing a kimono for Scoochy. She wants to be a japanese girl for Halloween. It was getting close to dinner and my alarm went off. (I have a "Start Making Dinner" alarm programmed on my phone.) I was about an hour away from finishing. Which, if you sew, isn't that much more to go.

We make pizza in our house about once a week. While I make the dough, Scoochy makes the pizza sauce. She's quite the cook and so I decided to test her. I called her and Dodge in.

Mom: Can you make pizza tonight?
Dodge & Scoochy: Us? Really?
Mom: Yep. Dodge make the sauce and Scoochy, you make the dough.
Dodge & Scoochy: Us? Really?

They did great. By the time I finished with the kimono, all that was left was rolling out the dough and putting the toppings on. They had made the sauce, rose the dough, grated the cheese, readied the toppings and preheated the oven. My 6.5 and 8 year old babies are all grown up! (Well, maybe not *all* grown up.)

Here's to recognizing when your kids are ready for the next level!

1 comment:

bethany said...

this sounds like a fantasy land of mine. that is incredible!!! way to go to your kids, and to you for getting that kimono done. i love the stage we are in now...but it does sound oh, so nice to get a little more HELP! (if ya know what I mean!?)